Indiana Disability Awareness Month Activities
Each March Indiana celebrates Disability Awareness Month. Led by the Indiana Governor’s Council for People with Disabilities, the goal of Indiana Disability Awareness Month is to promote the independence, integration, and inclusion of all people with disabilities. Given that adults and children with disabilities represent slightly more than 19 percent of Indiana’s population, disability awareness and inclusion is very important to those in all walks of life.
Here are some of the ways Tangram is spreading awareness this month:
- Tangram Business Services is hosting a FREE webinar on accessibility in facilities and events on March 16 at 12:30pm EST.
- Our social media pages will be highlighting events and stories related to Indiana Disability Awareness Month.
- Tangram will be featured on Fox59 on March 1 at 8:40am. Be sure to tune in!
- We are launching a peer-to-peer fundraiser to help us eliminate the barriers to opportunity and independence that are faced by Hoosiers with disabilities.
How can you get involved?
- Sign up to attend our webinar. RSVP to Angie Vandersteen at email@example.com. Can't attend? Share the invitation with your friends and colleagues - it's FREE!
- Create your own Tangram fundraising page and invite your friends and family to donate to it. Create your page here: www.thetangramway.org/donate
- Join the conversation! Follow Tangram on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, like and share our posts.
- View our volunteer opportunities by visiting our Volunteer page