Tangram's COVID-19 Response
As new information about COVID-19 becomes available, Tangram will be making decisions to protect the health and well-being of our clients and our employees. This page will be a hub for new information about Tangram's response to COVID-19, and will be updated as often as is necessary. Please feel free to check back often and if you have any questions about Tangram's COVID-19 response that is not covered here, please contact Krystal Belton, Vice President of Human Resources and Quality Assurance at (317) 968-9054 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated May 12, 2020:
- Tangram's Administrative Office is closed to visitors until further notice.
- Employee interviews will be conducted virtually. Until further notice, Tangram has suspended open and in-person interviews.
- Volunteer activities have been suspended, including group activities and visits to client homes.
- The AbilityAware Reverse Job Fair, organized by Tangram and Autism Society of Indiana, has been postponed until further notice. This event was scheduled for April 13. We are working with our partners to determine a new date.
- Tangram continues to support clients in our services. Some services, such as Behavioral Health, Wellness, and Employment Services, have adopted a virtual model and are providing supports via technology.
- Tangram is working with our suppliers and other disability organizations to order Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to protect the health and safety of our employees and clients.
- Tangram has set up a COVID-19 Response Fund to help us off-set increased costs associated with overtime, PPE, and technology and to support our mission during this time. Donate here>>>
- Tangram is now accepting donations of handmade cloth masks. Learn more here>>>
Phase 1 Re-Opening*:
*At any point during this period, if there is an outbreak at our organization, or the regional case count warrants, we may revert to our previous state or some version of it. We will rely on state, regional, and county data, as well as organizational data to make our decisions.
May 16-June 29 (Marion and surrounding counties where Tangram provides services)
May 19-June 29 (Tippecanoe and Lafayette-region counties where Tangram provides services)
Individuals receiving Community Residential Services will continue to receive these services as they have been. Nursing, Behavioral Health, Employment Services, and Community Exploration services are to be provided via telehealth as much as possible. Face-to-face services will not be provided if staff or the individuals with whom they are working show signs or symptoms of COVID-19. Tangram is supplying PPE and hand sanitizer to employees who provide face-to-face services.
Tangram's administrative office will be open to a very small group of employees on a rotating schedule during Phase 1. Tangram will not allow visitors to the administrative office during this time.
Updated Visitor Policy for Residential Sites
Visitor restrictions will be lifted when the strictest county-served stay-at-home order is lifted. An exception to this is high-risk individuals. Visitor restrictions will continue for high-risk individuals until June 1, when we will reassess. High risk individuals include: people who are 65 years of age or older, those who have moderate to severe lung disease or asthma, people who have serious heart conditions, people who are immunocompromised (including those who having cancer treatment, smokers, those who have had a bone marrow or organ transplant, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, or prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications), people with severe obesity (BMI over 40), people with diabetes, people with chronic kidney or liver disease.
In accordance with guidelines from health officials, all visitors to client homes will continue to be subject to a health-screening questionnaire, and will be expected to comply with social distancing and sanitation procedures, even once visitor restrictions are lifted. This is to ensure the health and safety of all Tangram clients and staff members, as well as visitors. Visitor restrictions apply to family members and guardians during this time to protect the health of clients and employees. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time. If you have questions about this policy, please contact Ari Campbell at email@example.com.
This is an unprecedented situation. Tangram is working within our Preparedness Plan and is monitoring the guidelines issued by public health officials to help us navigate this situation. We will make further decisions as necessary and as this event unfolds and more information becomes available. Thank you for your patience and trust during this time!